IIT Patna, with generous grant from the Department of Science and Technology (DST) has set up a multidisciplinary centre named Vishlesan I-Hub Foundation under the Technology Innovation Hub (TIH) that targets to leverage Research and Engineering capabilities of Sustainable Development Goals and achieves the mandate of National Mission on Interdisciplinary Cyber Physical Systems, especially in the areas of Video, Speech and Text Analytics. TiH-IIT Patna announces to start a new M.Tech program, which will provide a platform to create the skilled manpower in the broad areas of Text, Speech and Video Analytics. The TIH under the Centre of Excellence in Artificial Intelligence proposes to start admission 2022-23 for MTech in “Artificial Intelligence”.
This M.Tech in Artificial Intelligence program will offer students with deep knowledge of core and applied Artificial Intelligence, especially Speech, Video and Text Analytics. This programme is aiming at imparting the necessary breadth and depth to the students for pursuing careers in academics as well as in industry. This programme is aiming at extending undergraduate computing skills with up-to-date and in-depth expertise in specialized areas of AI such as Speech, Text and Video Analytics. Expected Graduate Attributes: Students, at the end of this programme, will be able to develop an ability to:
1. Understand the fundamental concepts of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Big Data, Robotics, Cloud Computing, Speech Processing, Computer Vision, and Natural Language Processing
2. Conceive, Design and Develop state-of-the-art systems, to meet the broad objectives of cyber physical systems
3. Acquire the skills to solve important and practical problems related to speech processing, video analytics and text analytics
Duration: 2 years
Course Fees: Rs. 75,000/Semester
Total intake: 50 (TA-10; RA-10; Self-sponsored: 15; Sponsored-10, Part-time: 5)
Categories: Self-Sponsored, Sponsored, Project-funded (Research Assistantship Rs12400/- from R&D Projects), Regular and Full-time (Teaching Assistantship with fellowship Rs 12400/-from the Centre), Part-time
- B.Tech./B.E. degree in Computer Science/IT/ECE/Aerospace Engineering/Maths & Computing/ME/Civil Engineering or Equivalent (a valid GATE score in CS/IT, EC, ME, CE for TA/RA/Part-time )
- MSc in Mathematics/Statistics/Mathematics & Computing ( valid Gate score in MA or CS/IT, EC, ME, CE for TA/RA/Part-time).
- For Sponsored: 1-2 years of experience ( Gate not required)
Application Start Date: 20th March 2022 and End Date 20th April 2022