- Received Best Innovative Project Award from the “Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE)” for the undergraduate project named “GANANAA: A Simple Bangla Programming Language Environment” in 2000.
- Received India4EU fellowship of the European Union to work as a Post-doctoral Research Fellow in the University of Trento, Italy.
- Received Erasmus Mundus Mobility with Asia (EMMA) fellowship of the European Union to work as a Post-doctoral Research Fellow in the Heidelberg University, Germany.
- Awarded scholarship to attend ACL/HCSNet Advanced Program in Natural Language Processing, University of Melbourne, Melbourne from 10-14 July 2006.
- Received the AFNLP-Nagao Fund Award in 2006 (this is given to five Ph.D. level researchers, working in Asian languages all over in the world).
- Awarded French Fellowship to attend the LAICS-NLP Summer School and associated Workshop at Bangkok, Thailand, 16-22 October 2006.
- Awarded the Microsoft Research India Fellowship to attend the Microsoft Research India NLP Summer School on NLP at IISC Bangalore, 3rd-18th May 2007.
- Received Asian Fund-Nagao Fund Award to attend IJCNLP-08, India.
- Received AFNLP Nagao Fund Award to attend ACL-IJCNLP-09, Singapore.
- Received NLPAI Partial Travel Grant Award to attend ACL-IJCNLP-09, Singapore.
- Received Microsoft Research India Travel Grant Award to attend ACL-IJCNLP-09, Singapore.
- Received the National Talent Search Scholarship in the 10th Level.
- Best Paper award, Active Machine Learning Techniques for Named Entity Recognition. 2012 International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics, ICACCI '12, Chennai, India, August 3-5, 2012. ACM 2012